This residential and commercial electrical maintenance course provides students with knowledge of electrical wiring and electrical code.
Tuition: $5,400 (450 per month)
Duration: 288 clock hours (12 months)
Classroom # 202
***Equipment used by instructor and students: Book, computer, and program software.
The passing score to earn a certificate is 70% or higher on overall grade include Homework, Quiz, Midterm and final Test
In order to submit application for the exams, applicants must:
- Complete the Business Law course,
- Have 4 years of experience as a journeyman, foreman or supervisor, contractor, or an owner-builder.
- Have a working capital of at least $2,500
- File a bond with the Registrar in the amount of $10,000
Applying to get your License
The exam fee is included with the $300 application fee. The initial license fee for two years is an additional $180. An application for licensure can be obtained from the California Contractors State License Board by calling 1-800-321-2752.
Work That Can Be Done Under This License
- An Electrician Contractors License in California is required for projects that exceed $500.
- An Electrician Contractors License in California installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Electricians ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems. Excludes "Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers"
Course Description: This residential and commercial electrical maintenance course provides students with knowledge of electrical wiring and electrical code. The course covers Properties and splicing of Conductors, Circuit Calculation, General Electrical Equipment, Batteries, Transformers, Solid State Devices, Relay, PLC, Generators, Wiring Motors, Electrical Lighting, and National Electrical Code. The course also prepares student for the exam from State Board.