This course prepares student for the Contractors State License Boards (C.S.L.B) license.
Tuition: $5400 ($450 per month)
Duration: 288 clock hours (12 months)
Prerequisites: High School Diploma
Schedule: Sunday 9AM - 3PM
Equipment used by instructor and student: Books.
The passing score to earn a certificate is 70% or higher on final exam.
In order to submit application for the exams, applicants must:
- Complete the Business Law and Trade course,
- Have 4 years of experience as a journeyman, foreman or supervisor, contractor, or an owner-builder,
- Have a working capital of at least $2,500 and
- File a bond with the Registrar in the amount of $10,000.
Applying to get your License
The exam fee is included with the $300 application fee. The initial license fee for two years is an additional $180. An application for licensure can be obtained from the California Contractors State License Board by calling 1-800-321-2752.
Work That Can Be Done Under This License
A General Building Contractors License in California is required for projects that exceed $500. A General Building Contractor in California is principally involved with any structure built that is for the support, shelter, and enclosure of persons, animals, chattels, or moveable property of any kind that requires in its construction the use of at least two unrelated trades.
Course Description: This course prepares student for the Contractors State License Boards (C.S.L.B) license. The course covers:
- Business law: Business organization, Business financial, Employment requirements, Bonds, insurances and liens, Contract requirements and execution, Licensing requirements, Safety requirements, Public works
- Trade: The codes, structures and safety regulations relating to the classification of the licenses they want to get. Candidate will learn to read the blue prints, do the estimation with various projects. Candidate will learn test strategies and practice tests on computer to get familiar with test formats for real examination.